PUT method where is returned data?

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu Feb 9 18:31:26 EST 2017

On Feb 8, 2017, at 2:02 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com<mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>> wrote:

Mark Hsu wrote:

>> On Feb 8, 2017, at 10:05 AM, Bob Hall wrote:
>>
>> PUT tJsonData into URL tURL
>>
>> put the result into tResult
>>
>> put it into tResult2
>>
>> I would of thought that either the result or it would have the data
>>

> Try the urlResponse:
>
>      PUT tJsonData into URL tURL
>
>      put the urlResponse into tResult

"it" is not longer a valid container for URL responses?

I missed that memo.  Which version did that change take place in?

My understanding is that GET requests are simply submitted in a LiveCode ‘put URL tURL into <container>” statement, and the results go into the container you designate. POST requests are returned to ‘it’.

As far as I know it’s always been like this.

The PUT results going to the urlResponse is a new one on me. But I’m happy to know it.

Devin

Devin Asay
Director
Office of Digital Humanities