AW: Different result in LC 6 to LC 8 when copying field text into Excel?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Feb 8 11:17:00 EST 2017

Tiemo Hollmann wrote:

 > I tested a little bit more and this code works for me:
 > on mouseUp
 >    lock clipboard
 >    set the rawClipBoardData to empty
 >    set the rawClipboardData["CF_UNICODETEXT"] to textEncode(fld 1,
"UTF-16" )
 >    unlock clipboard
 > end mouseUp
 >
 > and the IDE doesn't crashes anymore.
 > BTW. The rawclipboarddata key is supposed to be ["CF_UNICODETEXT"]
 > and not ["CF_UNICODE"] as the docs say.

I wonder if the difference in keys is because the keys of the
rawClipboardData are platform-specific.

After reading Mark Waddingham's note here last week on a related subject:
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode/2017-February/234491.html

...I've come to regard the fullClipboardData as my go-to first choice
for manipulating Clipboard contents, resorting to rawClipboardData only
when I need some platform-specific special handling I can't address with
fullClipboardData.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems