Size of Image in RAM

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Feb 8 01:44:39 EST 2017

If your image was 256 colors, the Index > Mode menu would show Indexed Color checked, instead of RGB Color.

The RGB/8 Bit you’re seeing in the Photoshop menu actually reads “8 Bits/Channel” — an RGB image is 3 channels (red, green, blue), 8 bits each, so 24 bit color.

Again, if you really want your image limited to 256 colors, convert it to Indexed Color and save as PNG or GIF.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design