lineHeight different Mac vs. Windows

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Sun Dec 31 17:36:43 EST 2017

On 12/31/2017 03:11 PM, Peter Bogdanoff via use-livecode wrote:
>   text sometimes flows off the bottom of the field. Changing the font size is too extreme a change and doesn’t fix widows.
>
> I’m trying to conceive of a method of somehow creating page metadata that reformats the Windows text—possibly adjusting field width, arbitrary carriage returns to move text, changing the text size of space characters, etc., all in an attempt to make the Windows version text display more of less the same as Mac. But the problem of line height difference is otherwise unfixable by me.

Linux users also often face the problem where LC developers share stacks
where multi-line text wraps below the bottom of fields with fixed height.

Can you set the field height to the formattedHeight and auto-show
scrollbars as necessary when you load the field's contents? That
ordinarily solves the problem. I would protest efforts to mess with user
font selection, be it fontface or size and suggest you try to make it
adaptive. Fontface and size can be elements the user has good reasons to
set for himself.

Warren