LC Server - MySQL - update about 2000 rows/records of a table

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sat Dec 30 06:34:24 EST 2017

The shell function can do this. I don't know if there could be a limit
to the length of the shell command though.

Working example:

on mouseUp
    put shortfilepath("C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server
5.6\bin\mysql.exe") into myFilePath
    -- the following line contains 2 insert commands
    put "insert into testtable (name) values ('Anne'); insert into
testtable (name) values ('Belinda')" into mySql
    put myFilePath && "-uUSERNAME -pPASSWORD test -e" && quote & mySql &
quote into myQuery
    get shell(myQuery)
end mouseUp

Kind regards,