Android package installer hangs (Oreo)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Dec 23 19:29:23 EST 2017

Is anyone else here running Android 8.1/Oreo? My test app is hanging the
package installer right near the end of the process. This happens both
when running Test in the IDE (requiring a force-quit) and also if I
build a standalone and move it via Dropbox. Installing from Dropbox, the
progress bar goes about 9/10 of the way, and everything freezes. Only
the Home button gets me out. The app is not shown in the app drawer.

If I try to install again, I'm asked if I want to update the current app
(which didn't really install) and the install completes. I can open and
run the app. When I go back to Dropbox, the frozen installer window from
the first try is still there. I have to go to settings and force quit
the package installer to get rid of it.

I can't tell if there is something about the LC build itself or a bug in
Oreo. The same apk installs fine on my Samsung running 6.0.1. Play Store
apps install okay too.

Nothing on Google about it.

LC 9.0 dp 11, Java 1.8, Mac OS X Sierra

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com