Custom Property

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 05:30:26 EST 2017

This is probably a totally goofy reply, but here goes:

I just set up a stack with a graphic: grc "diamond"

in LC 7.1.4

and then typed this into the Message Box:

set the "GRUNT" of grc "diamond" to 123

and that, automagically created the property "GRUNT" and filled in its
value.

I saved the stack "CUSTOM Propz".

--------------------------
In the 7.1.4 Property Inspector GRUNT showed up in the Custom Properties
section.

In the 8.1.8 Property Inspector GRUNT showed up in the Custom Properties
section.

So, nothing "thrilling" there.

--------------------------
In LC 8.1.8 I added a button "Silly Button" to the stack and

typed this into the Message Box:

set the behavior of grc "diamond" to the long id of button "Silly Button"

and opened the graphic's Property Inspector again:

In the 8.1.8 Property Inspector GRUNT showed up in the Custom Properties
section.
------------------------

So:

1. You have failed to set the Custom property.

2. Possibly (?) setting the Custom property AFTER setting the Behavior
doesn't work.

------------------------
In LC 8.1.8 I setup a stack identical to the previous one:

set the behavior FIRST

then tried the Custom Prop:

And the custom property showed up in the Custom Properties section.

So:

1. Obviously it's #1 above, or something else.

2. Why am I doing this testing (which is very obvious indeed) when you
could be doing it?

Richmond.