non-blocking http ... will tsnet end up in community?

Tom Glod tom at makeshyft.com
Wed Dec 20 08:53:28 EST 2017

Charles gave a perfect example of 1 api that could easily be called more
than once.

Another example is syncing files to dropbox, but also attempting to
download one at the same time, or even just updating the list of files in
the folder as it may be syncing files.  also, using any of google's api's
in combination will be problematic if not just slooooow.

As I said, this is not a requirement for my current project, but for the
next one, it will be.  The platform will be able to integrate many apis so
it is very likely that one at a time will not do, even if i don't know the
specifics yet.

i have a plan for a kind of workaround for this limitation by using Golang
as the API caller and using "open process" to talk to it (which can be
asynchronous as far as I know).  the overhead should be manageable there.
we shall see.

Thank you both

On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 4:27 AM, Charles Warwick via use-livecode <