At this point, what's the shortest path to an iOS/Android app?

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Tue Dec 19 20:28:22 EST 2017

Jacque: You will recall this was HQ's "hack" offered to us in the mix of hacks in  our attempts to solve rendering issues on Android (which never did work in the end) where the stack being opened had AcceleratedRendering set to true… waiting *seemed* to help in some scenarios.

With the fix in 8.1.9 RC1  we should try all these without the wait.

Its interesting how the mind perceives even 200 milliseconds as "sluggish"

On 12/18/17, 8:30 PM, "use-livecode on behalf of J. Landman Gay via use-livecode" <use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com on behalf of use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

    >c) once you accept the above, they you are good to go with
    >
    >on preopenstack
    >    wait 200 milliseconds with messages
    >    set the fullscreenmode of this stack to "showAll"
    >end preopenstack

    Just for the record, I've never needed the wait command. There's something
    about Swami's fairly complex setup that requires it but for a more
    straightforward implementation it doesn't seem necessary.

    I do like fullscreenmode though. It really does cut down on development time.