Screen Resolution for Desktop Apps

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Sun Dec 17 15:54:33 EST 2017

On 12/16/2017 12:06 PM, Brian Milby via use-livecode wrote:
> Richard, can you outline some of the issues you have seen with the GM (or
> point to a thread where it was discussed). On the surface it looks like a
> good way to handle many types of positioning needs. There were a couple of
> oddities in the code that I’ve looked at already.

Not sure who "Richard" is, but I can say from experience that the GM
works fine until it doesn't, and then all hell breaks loose and it's
impossible to get rid of the GM artifacts to the point where your app
works again. You end up recreating the app from scratch again and
wishing you had never touched the GM. So I don't anymore.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com