At this point, what's the shortest path to an iOS/Android app?

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Sat Dec 16 13:34:12 EST 2017

Take a look at this thread in the forum:

The issue where the GM and PM don't natively work on mobile should be fixed
soon (already merged on the develop-8.2 branch).  The example stack in that
thread includes the necessary code for them to work now though.  It also
lets you see how the different scale modes work on a device.

There are a number of different techniques that can be used to account for
the different screen sizes on mobile.  Using GM/PM has not been an option
without some manual work.  If you look in the forums there are a few
different methods that are suggested:
- Use multiple cards to handle the portrait/landscape switch (i.e. on
tablet where the interface could be significantly different)
- Write manual resize handlers that move controls based on the actual
screen size
- Layout the controls in such a way that screen scaling can be used without
clipping

One thing about iOS... if there is not an appropriately sized splash screen
image, the app will only think you have a screen the size of an iPhone 4
(the default that is included by the IDE).

Thanks,
Brian

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 2:59 PM, Geoff Canyon via use-livecode <