Tab alignment in fields

Fraser Gordon fraser.gordon at livecode.com
Tue Dec 12 18:55:56 EST 2017

Yup - https://livecode.com/resources/api/#livecode_script/tabalign

> I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but just checking if I missed something new…
I added it in LiveCode 7 because we needed most of its mechanisms to
implement right-to-left text properly; getting per-tab-cell alignment
was just a happy bonus ;)

> All the new text style options seem to be for an entire paragraph (aka "line). Nothing in the dictionary related to a "chunk" alignment.

By necessity, tabs have to apply to a whole line - it doesn't really make sense to have them settable at any other granularity. (Though, as always, you can set them on the field as a whole).

Fraser