LC Server style survey: co-mingle code w/HTML?

Simon Smith hello at simonsmith.co
Tue Dec 5 19:22:01 EST 2017

Personally I do prefer to mix HTML / code together.

I don't think it right to say it is a PHP way to do things though :) -  PHP
does not encourage one to go this route for what I think is usually called
spaghetti code.

While some platforms, like WordPress have done quiet a bit to encourage
this style of coding with it's plugins and theme development  - there are
many PHP developers who are very public in their dislike for such
"barbaric" coding practices and also numerous frameworks that don't
support/encourage mixing html/php either.

Personally I think it is one of the reasons that lead to the popularity of
WordPress as it makes certain tasks very easy to, even if you don't have
much coding experience.

Yes it does depend on what I am doing, but for the most part, I don't have
any issues mixing code and HTML together.

Carpe diem

*Simon Smith*
m. +27 83 306 7862

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 8:18 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <