Naive Player Questions

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Tue Dec 5 06:51:14 EST 2017

Thanks Panos - I know that. I am however looking for comprehensive instructions as to how to use a player object via script, e.g

 - embedding an MP3, or alternatively providing a path to the default folder for the MP3 file for standalone creation
 - starting the player
 - monitoring the player to see if it’s still running
 - doing other stuff while it’s running
 - being told when it’s stopped.

AFAIKS none of this is clear in the documentation. If true, this is a big omission!

Cheers

Graham
PS - I imagine I’m not the only one to want to play MP3s because the are vastly smaller than the LC ‘native’ sound formats. I don’t like to make apps unnecessarily large, especially if they’re going to be delivered via the Internet.