slow listserv

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Mon Aug 28 19:54:37 EDT 2017

> Someone fact check that plz...
>
> Bob S
>

>> On Aug 28, 2017, at 14:13 , Mark Wieder via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>>
>> It currently is taking forty minutes for my posts to appear after I send them. That's enough time to send my email to Mars and back. Runrev's servers must be pretty far away.

I checked it before posting, of course.

https://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/length/lightminute.html?u=lightminute&v=40

gives me about 720 million km in 40 minutes

https://www.space.com/14729-spacekids-distance-earth-mars.html

gives the average distance from Earth to Mars as 225 million km.
Even at the maximum distance, that's *almost* enough time for the round
trip. Of course, at that point the electrons would have to pass through
the sun, and that would significantly cut down the bandwidth to about...
er... zero.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com