Bad Crash on Attempt to Group Radio Buttons

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Sun Aug 27 16:31:57 EDT 2017

> On 28 Aug 2017, at 4:09 am, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
>    CantSelect disallows selection by the edit tool, mostly used in
>    development, but doesn't change the message path.
>
> Hmm.. doesn't this comprise a Noobie Gotcha?
>
> cantSelect is not exposed in the PI for any object.
>
> if it was, then toggling this in the ABrowser would trigger the checkbox on and off and you would get it'
>
> "Oh selectable it toggling the cantSelect" property.

If you had an inspector open on the selected control and toggled cantSelect and boom it disappeared because the selected object wasn’t selected would you report that as a bug? That’s why it’s not on the inspector. Mind you it might be feasible to switch the inspector to locked on object mode at that point...

> I don't think that prop is exposed at all in the new Project Browser and

Actually it is but the toolTip is wrong! I’m about to submit a patch for that.

> "worse" the PB allowed me to double click on the list and it *did* select the object that had "cantSelect" = "true"
>
> @monte perhaps this is the crux of the crash: PB  allows selection of an object with cantSelect set to true?

Hmm… it does appear it does allow it… perhaps the select command works regardless of cantSelect? It does not appear to crash for me though.

Cheers

Monte