notifications system using "the files"? bad idea?

Tom Glod tom at makeshyft.com
Wed Aug 23 21:57:57 EDT 2017

i understand.  Thats exactly what I am I am going with ease of
implementation.

the list of files would be obtained using "the files" function of livecode
..... from a mapped drive on a LAN.

Thats what I am thinking.........  it should all be ok ...... i hope the OS
caches to memory the folder lists that are most often read.

I'm gonna give it a shot using this file system method rather than another
database.

my problem is being able to stress and scale test my system ..... i just
don't know how to simulate network conditions ... it all works perfect with
10 people on 2 machines........but after that .....who knows...... i'm
gonna find out thats for sure.

Thanks for everyone's input.

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 9:38 PM, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode <