Thoughts on BLOBs in SQLite

Glen Bojsza gbojsza at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 12:48:52 EDT 2017

My databases will be fixed in their content (basically they are going to be
different test engines for students) so the images will not be edited nor
changed.

I am thinking that this may help me avoid any future issues that may arise
if different platforms have different directory structures and also for
maintenance ... a single database file is easy to deliver and easy to
delete.

So my next question would be does someone have a simple example stack in
inserting an image and retrieving the image in a LC stack?

Should the image be encoded prior to inserting or is native format fine?

Glen

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 12:25 PM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <