Parent of Target

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Tue Aug 22 16:22:37 EDT 2017

On 08/22/2017 12:53 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode wrote:
> Mark Wieder via use-livecode"  wrote:
>
>      >># do different things based on calling context.
>
>      That's exactly the opposite of what behaviors are for.
>
> BR: ?? but a behavior may contain a script with a mouseup handler at that responds to different targets with different actions/results.

I see two ways of dealing with this:

1. Override the mouseUp handler in the objects that need special
handling. That way the behavior script will take care of the other
objects, and you can still have specialized actions without having to
test for the target.

2. If you need different mouseUp actions in every object that uses the
behavior script, don't put the mouseUp handler in the behavior script.
You're just creating extra work for yourself that you have to unwind
later on.

>      B- what problem are you trying to solve?
>
> See earlier longer memo.

Will dig through the archives when I have time.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com