lock screen gotcha revisited

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Tue Aug 22 02:42:38 EDT 2017

On 2017-08-22 04:41, hh via use-livecode wrote:
> The real interesting thing is now for me how to lock the screen
> in LC Builder? I couldn't find a way to do that. Who knows?

There isn't one - although you can use 'execute script' to use LCS's
lock/unlock screen.

Indeed, I should check whether LCB does currently use an implicit lock
screen - it probably should as LCB handlers, when called from LCS, are
meant to be 'atomic' in some sense.

> This interacts with LC Script, timed widgets (clocks, animations)
> want their own screen updates ...

Screen updates of widgets only happen upon request from the widget - by
using the 'redraw all' and 'redraw rect' commands. Any updates all fold
into the update mechanism LCS uses and occur at a suitable point after
returning from LCB to LCS - this is the same as calling any engine
command / function.

Can you elaborate on your use-case here, just so I can check there isn't
something we are missing? :)

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps