lock screen gotcha revisited

prothero at earthlearningsolutions.org prothero at earthlearningsolutions.org
Mon Aug 21 18:47:16 EDT 2017

I didn't realize that the lockscreen command only applied to the handler that sets it.

Does this mean that each script has to set lockscreen if it needs it? If lockscreen was either globally true or not, you could do:

On doscreenstuff1
    Set lockscreen to true
     Handler1
     Handler2
     Set lockscreen to false
End doscreenstuff1

On handler1
    --do screen stuff
   Updatescreen
End handler1

On handler2
    --do screen stuff
   Updatescreen
End handler2

Lockscreen could be set or unset multiple times or tested and left on if it was already set when the handler was entered.

I am not arguing the current system be changed though, but for me, my suggestion is way more intuitive. Trying to keep track of the lockscreen count seems prone to errors. My experience comes from past programming in Lingo (Director) but the lcs way may be more obvious to more long term lcs scripters, not to mention the breaking of older versions of apps.

Best,
Bill P

William Prothero
http://ed.earthednet.org