Completely OT - flat earth

jonathandlynch at gmail.com jonathandlynch at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 15:53:04 EDT 2017

I just watched the eclipse where I live, while debating flat earth believers online. Some irony there, I suppose.

It reminded me of the time another programmer told me LiveCode was a toy. Years later when asked by management to duplicate the functions of an app I created so that those functionalities could be incorporated into that team's main app, that same programmer concluded it would be impractical because my app did way more than they realized. The app saves that team about 2 hours a day of expensive staff time, which is quite a lot considering they have used it for 10 years.

My point? The Earth is not flat. LC is great, even if some mainstream programmers are so entrenched, they cannot perceive its value.

Sent from my iPhone