lock screen gotcha revisited

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Mon Aug 21 13:28:33 EDT 2017

On 2017-08-19 04:41, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
> Except when it doesn't. There seems to be an override in the lock
> count if any unlock uses a visual effect. I'm not sure if that's on
> purpose or not.

Internally there is a counter - and only one - the engine uses it too
when it needs to.

The lock is dropped as soon as you get back to a wait with messages
though (IIRC) (certainly the main runloop).

Unbalanced lock screens can cause problems though - the IDE has had a
fair few in the past - it might still... Do you have an example of the
abberent behavior you've seen? It would be useful to know if there is an
engine issue lurking here, or a misplaced lock/unlock screen in the IDE.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps