Array literals and script only stack initialization (was Re: Developing first on android)

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Mon Aug 21 06:06:26 EDT 2017

> On 21 Aug 2017, at 7:58 pm, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> I think its been suggested before that a 'loadStack' message might be quite useful (perhaps it should be 'createStack' - we have 'deleteStack' which is probably sufficient for the antonym) - allowing a stack to 'do something' when it is loaded into memory, and then unloaded (equivalent to OnCreate / OnDestroy in LCB) as loading/unloading is a slightly different part of the life-cycle compared to opening and closing.

@LCMark I feel bad snipping discussion of the array literals because… AWESOME!!!  but I actually only wanted to comment on `createStack` feelign a bit wrong if we also have `newStack` and the `create stack` command would send `newStack` not `createStack`.. or maybe it would send both but you can see why I have an issue with it ;-)

Cheers

Monte