Developing first on android

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Fri Aug 18 18:12:37 EDT 2017

If I'm understanding correctly, a capability to export a stack as an array
(with the corresponding import) would get around the issue of the
non-public properties though.  The array would be the intermediate format
that would be used by the engine to construct the stack in memory.  LCS
could be used to serialize into a suitable disk format.  It would mean that
the only way to get a full representation of the object would be to use the
full import if there were properties like you described above (unless I'm
missing something).

I've actually been mulling something along these lines over for the past
few weeks (but was thinking about a direct XML format).  I briefly looked
at the code to save a stack and noticed how it seems pretty straight
forward.  I'll take a look at the code for some of the objects this weekend
and see what I think.  Could be a good opportunity for the community to
contribute a useful new feature.

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 11:56 AM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode <