[OT] Draconian computer company policies, was: Mobile LC Apps Downloading Stacks After installation

jonathandlynch at gmail.com jonathandlynch at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 12:39:46 EDT 2017

It seems that this is another reason to use LC's HTML5 deployment.

Since external javascript is permitted, one could do the "sideloading" by accessing a website created with LC.

It would just be an LC HTML5 app displayed inside of a browser widget.

Of course, it would be easy to abuse this by adding in function calls to LC on the mobile device, so we would need to be careful.

In Augmented Earth, reports can have ads added to them. The report, with the ad, is displayed through a browser widget. This will allow advertisers to place high-quality ads, which they will love.

However, nothing in the app would give them access to extra system calls. It is still sandboxed, but only by choice.

So, that great power thing still applies - and thanks to the great Stan Lee for that meme!

Sent from my iPhone