common code patterns

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Fri Aug 11 10:29:29 EDT 2017

Mark,

Again thanks for chiming in.
Here's an example:

Local tIndex, tDataArray
put getMyRecordSet() into tRS
put 1 into tIndex
repeat while not isEof(tRS)
 Put makeThisRecordIntoAnArray(tRS) into tDataArray[tIndex]
 Add 1 to tIndex
End repeat

Now I can sort the keys of the array to ripple thru the records.

This is what I imagined:

local tDataArray
put getMyRecordSet() into tRS
repeat while not isEof(tRS) with counter tIndex
 Put makeThisRecordIntoAnArray(tRS) into tDataArray[tIndex]
end repeat

Another example:

repeat for each word tWord in tWords with counter tIndex
 switch tIndex
  case 1
   -- first word stuff
  break