Bug 20255 - Simple Loop Labeling

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Thu Aug 10 22:02:32 EDT 2017

> On 11 Aug 2017, at 11:54 am, Mark Wieder via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> What would you put as a comment after the 'end if' using your proposed approach? The original comment for the 'if' statement or something else? Would you force the user to create comments for each 'else if' as well?

I’m not sure if I proposed anything… was just wondering out loud… but yes I think if a tag approach is used then

if some complicated condition then # commontag

else if some other complicated condition then  # commontag

else if some yet again complicated condition then  # commontag

else  # commontag

end if  # commontag

Now you would know no matter how much spaghetti you write or how complicated your conditions are which control structure each if/else if/else/end if belongs to.

Cheers

Monte