Parent of Target

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Aug 9 23:22:38 EDT 2017

On 8/9/17 8:24 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode wrote:
>  the behavior is attached to a stack that is not the same stack as the target (a download button) so "this me" won't work

I think it should...

Object with an assigned behavior:  "me"
Object that contains the behavior script:  "this me"

If the backscript stack holds the behavior script then the stack itself
should be "this me". The target (the download button) which has the
behavior assigned would be "me".

Logically, anyway.

> So instead we start sending and dispatching commands

If the script is in the message hierarchy, I wouldn't think you'd need
to send or dispatch anything, just issue the command normally. You can
debug that pretty easily and there's one less level of abstraction.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com