math, bigly

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Wed Aug 9 13:11:32 EDT 2017

On 08/09/2017 09:56 AM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode wrote:
> I wonder how much leveraging SQLite can help. SQLite has only basic math functions, and you cannot use stored functions, but you CAN map functions to a C API. And if you can do THAT, then someone has written a math API, and maybe that is a good place to start looking.

The problem isn't with the math libraries. There's nothing wrong with
the way the engine deals with math at that level, and I wouldn't expect
SQLite to use anything other than the standard math libraries.

The problem I've run into is more at a higher level, dealing with number
parsing and runtime overflow detection before truncating input
parameters down to unsigned integers and calling the math library.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com