how to get the value of a custom property if the name of the cProperty is in a variable?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Tue Aug 8 11:42:53 EDT 2017

On 2017-08-08 17:33, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:
> (Of course, I'm now going to go off and see if you can use quoted
> variables in other places - I bet that's going to a 50/50 chance in
> every
> place!)

Okay - so:

   the <quoted-or-unquoted-literal> of ...

Is the *only* place where a check to make sure something is an unquoted
literal before looking up a var *is not* done... So I think this was
probably
*not* intended and is a mistake. i.e.

   the "foobar" of ...

Should actually throw an error at the moment!

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps