SORT by length

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 18:42:36 EDT 2017

That scr*wed up badly.

I found this: http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10505#p48529

and modified it:

*on**mouseUp*

**

***put**empty **into**rSortByLength*

**

***put**fld "CL" **into**tText*

**

***repeat****for**each word tLine in tText*

**

***put**tLine&","
&**the****length****of**tLine&**return****after**rSortByLength*

**

***end****repeat*

**

***delete**char -1 **of**rSortByLength*

**

***sort**lines **of**rSortByLength descending numeric by item 2 **of**each*

**

***put**empty **into**fld "CL"*

**

***put**rSortByLength **into**fld "CL"*

**

***--*

**

***put**1 **into**KOUNT*

**

***repeat**until line KOUNT **of**fld "CL" is empty*

**

***delete****the**last char **of**line KOUNT **of**fld "CL"*

**

***delete****the**last char **of**line KOUNT **of**fld "CL"*