MouseDown sent to button in group, but MouseUp sent to card

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 11:28:08 EDT 2017

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 5:54 AM, dunbarx via use-livecode <

> Note: If there is no mouseWithin handler in the target object's script, no
> mouseWithin message is sent, even if there is a mouseWithin handler in an
> object that's further along the message path.
>
> Why this should be so is a mystery, but maybe someone from the team will
> chime in.

I've always assumed that that and similar case was due to the performance
penalty for checking and sending messages on older machines; I think that
mouseWithin dates to hypercard which ran on 8mhz 16 bit processors . . .

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462