Documentation on Accelerated Rendering

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sat Apr 29 22:56:23 EDT 2017

Our new modular app was crashing badly and also rendering bizarre screens on Android, HQ determined that if Accelerated rendering was on when you close one stack and opened a second one, it was the problem. But Acceleratedrendering is needed for performance, so it seems to work fine,if, instead using some  global backscript that sets acceleratedrending to True "whenever"…  if you explicitly turn it on/true in e the preopenstack handler and set it to false on the close stack or card *before* attempting to close the stack and open another one.. then things work.

But now I'm having issues with some modules where I turned on AccelerateRendering /true.

I would like "generalize" the use cases for acceleratedRendering and move that call out of the stack themselves into a library that is placed into the back script with "start using" But… it's too vague in my head right now to make an intelligent addition to a global library (or multiple library  handlers if that makes sense) that will serve all contexts without the breakage we had before.

My question is:  where is the documentation for AcceleratedRendering

-- exactly what does it do? (don't worry, if the explanation is very technical.. .let me see it!)
-- when does it help
-- what contexts may there be where it could actually impede performance?

I mean more than just "It helps with scrolling groups" but a robust analysis of what is going on, why and when it serves it's purpose etc.

it's not in the dictionary, and the guide has no search box (the intuitive thing a newbie would do for an "feature" of the language/engine would be to search and read all instances where it appears in the documentation, as her homework for that issue/feature/ bit-of-syntax.

BR