mouseMove & backgoundBehavior

dunbarx dunbarx at aol.com
Thu Apr 27 14:04:28 EDT 2017

Richard.

I understand the reordering of the layers in the hierarchy. That is not the
issue. If you modify the handler:

on mousemove newMouseH, newMouseV
   if the mouseLoc is within the rect of me then put newMouseH, newMouseV
end mousemove

Even with backGroundBehavior set to "true", the message now only fires when
the cursor is within the rect. Like it should. It is a matter of, er,
control, not message passing. The constraint to be within the rect implies
that the control is just what it seems to be, that is, only as large as it
seems to be. This regardless of any change in the hierarchy.

The group does not "take over" the whole card in the sense that you imply,
unless (not impossible at all) I misunderstand you.

Craig