Subject: Re: Don't amputate numberformat

Roland Huettmann roland.huettmann at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 08:13:35 EDT 2017

Mike Kerner: "Well, that would be a nice thing to have in a field widget,
but I run into
formatting issues with databases, as well, especially when sorting."

I am using all kinds of formatting functions with databases. There is
always this overhead which could be minimized using a database adapter as
provided in other languages, or writing your own.

But fields, the visual objects used most, are a focus for any data
management. They always deserve attention, and unless there will be such
new widget, actually our already nice fields would be candidate for such
and other improvements.

And also, it is a widely adopted standard that left, top, right and bottom
boundaries could be formatted separately.

I do not know much about the internal workings of the machine, but could
such work be outsourced? Maybe someone could raise funding? I would rather
like to see the improvements in the core engine instead of as a LC Builder
widget since it is so basic.

Roland