The selectedObjects - is it a container or not?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Apr 21 21:32:28 EDT 2017

Curry Kenworthy wrote:

 > Richard:
 >> What LiveCode brings to the modern world is a high-level
 >> scripting language distinguished not by any conformance to
 >> the rules of English, but by being among the very few that
 >> include support for GUI controls as inherent language elements.
 >
 > Just a brief reply here to note that there's more to the story.
 > LiveCode's implementation of English-like scripting has some
 > extremely special features, it is indeed a valuable syntax for those
 > seeking an intuitive language or English-like language, and that fact
 > hasn't changed, despite the world having more options today. There
 > are very sound reasons why this particular language (or language
 > family) could be valuable to a new generation of coders.

I wholeheartedly agree.  You may have noticed I use LiveCode. :)

In fact, I agree that the potential for LiveCode to achieve its rightful
place among the world's great language is so strong that I'm putting
together a little plan to move that vision forward for a new generation
of programmers.

More on that very soon....

--
  Richard Gaskin