Suggestions for LiveCode (the company) to increase its revenue

Dan Brown danoldboy at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 12:28:03 EDT 2017

Allowing non hacky 2 way communication with JavaScript via lc browser is a
potentially huge win should it ever happen.  Every time I come across
technical discussion of making web apps for the desktop there is a huge
chorus or discontent with the currently most viable option Electron - an
inefficient bloated memory hog basically. With the right pitch livecode
could make inroads there.

Separately a revenue suggestion is to make the business license offering
less about minor features that are missing from indy ( groan) and more
about business support features. That's what businesses look for when
investing in any kind of technology platform / equipment  and is pretty
much the only real differentiator of substance that would justify the
monetary upgrade from indy.  Seems to get a footnote.

Gamifying business support with a"points" system is also needlessly obtuse.
It should be no nonsense and straight forward. X amount buys this many
hours for y per month etc.

On 15 Apr 2017 4:31 pm, "Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode" <