Suggestions for LiveCode (the company) to increase its revenue

jonathandlynch at gmail.com jonathandlynch at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 11:30:51 EDT 2017

Everyone who uses LiveCode benefits if the company grows and thus is able to improve the product faster.

I thought some of us might have original ideas that could help the company. If nothing else, we might give them useful ideas.

So...

1. What offerings would you pay for, in addition to any licensing fees?

2. Do you have any clever ideas for new revenue streams?

3. What modifications to the main product would, in your opinion, make the product appealing to a larger customer base?

I encourage everyone to make suggestions. Here are some from me:

1. I would pay more for a promotional system for the apps we make, mainly because I suck at marketing. I don't know what this would entail.

2. I suggest a core suite of business applications. The executable would be a player application that plays LC stacks. The company could sell the suite and LC developers could sell their services in making modifications or additional apps to go with the core suite.

3. I am broken record on this issue, but I really think that if LC supercharged the browser widget, they could provide a great platform (better than the current options) for JavaScript developers to make standalone apps.

What suggestions do you have?

Sent from my iPhone