type the label of me

martin meili bmmeili at swissonline.ch
Sat Apr 15 09:11:15 EDT 2017

Hi
I’ve got a vocabulary trainer for French.

To make it easier for the students to produce letters with accents such as „é“ (ascii-code 142), „à“ and „ç“ I’ve a number of buttons the label of which is the accented letter. As long as I use LC < 7.0 the script „type the label of me“ works fine  - producing the accented letter just at the position of the blinking cursor in a textfield -, but doesn’t when I use LC >= 7. With normal letters such as „l“ or „ C’ „ the script works fine using any LC version.

The script „put "C’ „ after text of field“ also works fine using any version, but here the letter isn’t in every case in its right place.

Any ideas I should change so that I can make my standalones using LC 8.x.x.?

Martin