Downloads - Immodest Proposal

Keith Martin thatkeith at mac.com
Fri Apr 14 11:29:16 EDT 2017

On 14 Apr 2017, at 13:49, Lagi Pittas via use-livecode wrote:

> The $500,000 limit on INDY is on an
> honour system anyway - LC can't tell whether I made a million last
> week or
> not.

An interesting point.

Personally, I prefer positive incentives for upgrading. Making someome
think even for a second that they'll be 'penalised' for doing well and
you lose your grip on their interest. This is a very jaundiced
interpretation of that indy/business differentiation point, I know, but
one has to put onesself into the shoes of potential customers who could
easily get the wrong end of the stick.

---

Keith Martin
Senior Lecturer, LCC (University of the Arts London)
Technical Editor, MacUser magazine (1997-2015)
http://PanoramaPhotographer.com
http://thatkeith.com
+44 (0)7909541365

---