How do you find beta testers?

Marian Petrides, MD mpetrides at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 13 06:00:13 EDT 2017

When I wrote an app to teach Transfusion Medicine, I selected 10 friends and colleagues--5 of them content experts in the field with no particular computer expertise and 5 of them friends I knew from Apple User Groups from way back in the days when all Apple ][ users were "hobbyists." The latter were tasked with beating up on the software, trying to break it. All of them got a free copy of the software.

This worked quite well. In all the years the software was sold, I never got a single bug report, although I have gotten content feedback through the same publisher.

Sent from my iPad