AW: vertical text?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Apr 12 14:12:45 EDT 2017

hh wrote:
 >> Jonathan L. wrote:
 >> This is also easy to do in a browser widget, if you don't mind
 >> the "always on top" aspect of browser widgets.
 >
 > Right, but only to a certain degree.
 >
 > LC Builder has _a lot_ of possibilities different from using the
 > javascript of a browser widget.
 >
 > The very basic widget linked above, for example ...
 > ... allows the user to select _any_ textfont on _his_ system
 > or available in the stack.
 > ... can have everything outside the rotated box transparent.
 >
 > Both is not doable in a browser widget (and not by _any_ browser).

No to mention that using a browser widget means adding an entire browser
process to your LiveCode application.

It's great when you truly need an embedded web browser, but for small
one-offs like this I'd be reluctant to add the extra RAM and disk space
requirements.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems