mergMicrophone - audio format suitable for Windows playback?

Terry Judd terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Apr 11 02:53:21 EDT 2017

I’m using mergMicrophone (on OSX) with default settings to record audio (from revSpeech) for inclusion in Powerpoint presentations, but when I open the PPT files on a Windows computer (so that I can export them to video, retaining the sound) it complains about the sound files being in an inappropriate format and that it needs to convert them (through some internal process) before it can use them. This would be ok but I’ve potentially got hundreds of these PPT files and need to avoid the PPT conversion step.

Any ideas on what mergMicrophone I should be using to record the audio files for them to be more Windows friendly?

Terry...