OT (?): Bookmarking GPS coords

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Mon Apr 10 19:41:27 EDT 2017

Thanks - lots of useful info there.

The big issue in this approach is (as you say)
>   I would
> think it would be relatively simple to define a procedure (less simple
> to have the kids actually follow it) where the kids send you an email
In my case, I have a large number of addresses to define (say, 500) and
a small number of volunteers (say 2 or 3) - so I'm not able to
distribute the initial data gathering very well. The level of manual
effort involved in copy/paste URL, type name, type address would be OK
for each Scout doing one of them - but asking my volunteers to do a
couple of hundred each is, um, challenging :-)

Also, I do have the addresses already collected - so I am hoping to
import that into Google maps (or other mapping system)  ready for some
human interaction to define where each on is - and ideally to then
require only one click (or equivalent) to capture enough info for me to
process it.

A kmz file might be usable - but I'd need to generate it on the fly,
because I want to only show one (or at most a handful) of addresses -
there's already a lot of local concern about putting anything like this
on the internet.

Currently I have system (LC + revBrowser) working to define locations,
though I'd like to make it a bit smarter.
And a (very) initial display system - see
https://www.kilmelford.com/igniter.lc/basic/findaddress
    (good examples to try for the search string are "glen", or "cuil" or
"cuil cottage" or ....

This might work for me because one of my volunteers has access to a
high-definition map of part of the area, with house names already
shown;  but for the other part I will probably need to do the GPS app
for phone/tablet and have them walk/cycle around.

So - off to experiment with kmz files ... thanks !!
-- Alex.