[ANN] This Week in LiveCode 78

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Mon Apr 10 11:42:54 EDT 2017

On 10/04/2017 16:10, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
> Thank you, Panos.
>
> This item was particularly interesting:
>
>    Add a new script library implementing unified diff generation and
>    patch application: Expected in LiveCode 9.0 DP-7
>    <https://github.com/livecode/livecode/pull/5288>
>
> It wasn't immediately clear to me from the notes in that PR what that
> does, but the description sounds enticing.
>
> Can you offer a little background on that?

It's exactly what it says on the tin: a library that implements an
algorithm for finding a minimal line-based edit script between two input
texts, along with the ability to turn that into a unified diff.

Go have a look at the source code, which contains inline documentation:
https://github.com/livecode/livecode/blob/develop/extensions/script-libraries/diff/diff.livecodescript

You could also have a look at the tests:
https://github.com/livecode/livecode/blob/develop/extensions/script-libraries/diff/test

Its development was sponsored by David Simpson.  Check out FMProMigrator. :)

                                   Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>

lcb-mode for Emacs: https://github.com/peter-b/lcb-mode