Passing Variables in a non-CGI LC Server?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Apr 6 18:52:36 EDT 2017

Rick Harrison wrote:

 > So the answer is - only in a stack.
 > Perhaps the dictionary should have
 > a comment stating or clarifying that fact.

Mike said:

    Can't answer the rest, but as for the global.. Since you can utilize
    stacks with server, you could declare a global just as you would
    normally, in any scripts that needed it, and it would work just like
    in lc proper.  It would only persist during the run of that
    particular instance.

LiveCode globals are available to all scripts that declare them within
the LiveCode process.

I think maybe the reason Mike's reply was focused on stacks is that it's
not clear what you're doing.

Your original post said:

   I have a few variables I would like to pass from one <?lc..
   server script to another using a web  browser with an lc
   server that is not configured to be a cgi server.

Since LC Server runs as a CGI, and even if you were using a standalone
on the server as a daemon it would still be on the server and not in the
client browser, I can't figure out what that sentence means.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems