use-livecode Digest, Vol 163, Issue 13

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Apr 6 18:48:00 EDT 2017

Peter Reid wrote:

 > Thanks for the advice, it was the paintCompression that caused the
 > problem.  In the IDE it defaults to PNG but in the standalone it
 > defaults to RLE instead.  As I didn't set it, the value was the
 > default for the environment!  I simply added:
 >
 > 	set the paintCompression to png
 >
 > to my preOpenStack handler and the problem was solved!

IMNSHO any differences between IDE and engine defaults should be a
preference option or it's a bug.

The whole point of using an xTalk is to minimize the differences between
runtime and development.

If the team saw fit to make PNG the default, it should be the default in
both environments.

If they don't feel strongly enough that it should be the default, it
should be a preference option.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems