Import or export snapshot at current scaleFactor

Terry Judd terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Apr 5 18:11:27 EDT 2017

I’m automating the creation of a series of images (mostly graphs or similar) to include in some non LC generated reports and I need to be able to produce them at a higher than screen resolution so that they will look ok. I was thinking that I could just increase the scaleFactor of the stack and use ‘export snapshot from <objRef>’ to create the images but they are produced at ‘normal’ resolution. The workaround (I don’t want to have to recreate everything at a larger scale because I’m also using the same LC controls to print to pdfs directly) is to use the ‘export snapshot from rect’ but that requires that everything is visible on-screen and isn’t obscured by other stuff.

I don’t suppose there is any way to use the ‘export snapshot from <objRef>’ form and get it to capture the image scaled according to the scaleFactor? And if not, is there any chance of this being supported in the future (i.e. is it worth a feature request)?

Terry...