standalone build: "checking directory exists" takes up to 2 min

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 08:06:52 EDT 2017

If you build a standalone for your app, and immediately build again, is the
second build faster?  If so, it would make me think that the server spins
some of its drives down and it takes a second or two to spin them back up.
Even if the drive you are accessing doesn't spin down, if others on the
server DO, I think there can be a short delay while it spins other drives
back up to speed.

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 2:01 AM, Tiemo Hollmann TB via use-livecode <